This course encourages students to produce creative, detailed lighting design solutions for commercial spaces. Emphasis will be on concepts for lighting, practical applications, specifications and methods to enhance the experience of interior environments. Students will create reflected ceiling plans that incorporates advanced lighting solutions and ceiling details. Photometrics will be examined and applied to interior spaces for evaluation, discussion and implementation.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop reflected ceiling plans and specifications applicable to a commercial projects, appropriate for a set of construction drawings.
- Implement effective lighting solutions that support the design concept of interior environments.
- Evaluate the lighting requirements of various interior spaces from perspectives of function, energy usage, aesthetics and wellness.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate brightness contrast into design solutions.
- Develop lighting concepts through implementation of the visible characteristics of lighting, including light layering, visual discrimination, and luminous elements.
- Implement the principles of various light sources and lamp types through appropriate uses.
- Apply photometric principles such as beam spread, spacing criteria and lighting distribution when designing lighting layouts.
- Identify appropriate illuminance levels as required by the authority having jurisdiction.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Commercial Lighting for Interior Design (INTD 3240) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Interior Design
- Interior Design
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Commercial Lighting for Interior Design (INTD 3240)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.