This course will build on student’s previous construction drawing knowledge to complete a set of commercial construction drawings based on their design solutions, using the current release of AutoCAD for Windows.
Below is one offering of INTD 4320 for the Fall 2023 term.
Thu Sep 14 - Thu Nov 30 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 42242
Class meeting times
|Sep 14 - Nov 30||Thu||18:00 - 21:00||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 335|
Kristina Calero Horvath
***Please note*** - Students who do not meet the mandatory prerequisites will be dropped without notice.
In Progress and Full
This course offering is in progress and full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Produce a space plan based on tenant requirements for an office space.
- Select freestanding and system furniture appropriate to an office environment.
- Produce a set of construction drawings for a commercial interior space including a site plan, a demolition plan, furniture plan, a construction plan, a power and communication plan, a finishes plan, a reflected ceiling plan and elevations wall and door details using the current release of AutoCAD.
- Incorporate partition types that convey an understanding of light steel stud construction such as fire rating, demising and acoustics.
- Select appropriate door types, frames and hardware for specific functional consideration.
- Maintain a well-organized file system and block library while creating a set of working drawings.
- Recognize construction details required for a commercial interior space.
- Select appropriate scales and organize millwork and detail drawings using Layout.
- Prepare a set of commercial construction drawings with accurate referencing.
- Create appropriate schedules and/or legends for the drawing set.
- Create a set of drawings using External Referencing commands and other advanced commands in AutoCAD.
- Produce a set of drawings with appropriate line weights, scales and conventions.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Commercial Construction Drawings (INTD 4320) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Commercial Construction Drawings (INTD 4320)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.