Covers sketching, part modeling, assemblies and design documentation. Autodesk Inventor uses adaptive technology to speed and simplify the mechanical design process. As a dedicated 3D mechanical computer aided design package, it is ideally suited for conceptual design. The expectation is that students have current training/experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) or Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM). Students should also be familiar with technical drawing.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of AICO 4044 for the Fall 2022 term.
Tue Sep 13 - Tue Nov 29 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 32305
Class meeting times
|Sep 13 - Nov 29||Tue||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby SW03 Rm. 1920|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a part-time studies course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Create models that effectively capture design intent. Such models can be easily edited to match design changes with adversely affect other parts of the design.
- Access and effectively use the on-line help system.
- Create, constrain and modify sketched based features.
- Effectively use placed part features.
- Document moderately complex part drawings.
- Use model and drawing properties to create dynamic model documents.
- Assemble and constrain a mechanical assembly.
- Use Autodesk Inventor's adaptive technology to drive model design.
- Model a sheet metal component in the context of an assembly.
- Use a presentation to document an assembly.
- Create 2D documentation and a parts list for an assembly.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Autodesk Inventor (AICO 4044) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Technology
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Autodesk Inventor (AICO 4044)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.