This course in GIS customization introduces the Esri Desktop GIS development environment using Python scripting. Topics include writing Python Scripts, extending the functionality of GIS models, importing external .txt files, creating custom tools and integrating with other development environments.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop custom labels and field calculations using python.
- Automate existing models by adding python scripting.
- Create custom class and function definitions in python.
- Use existing GIS software components to create a customized set of tools.
- Investigate other development environments used by Desktop GIS software.
Effective as of Fall 2018
ArcGIS 3: Customization and Modelling (GIST 8138) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of ArcGIS 3: Customization and Modelling (GIST 8138)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.