Introduces students to vector and raster modeling using ArcGIS (Spatial Analyst, Geostatistical Analysis). Problems drawn from business geographics and natural resource applications.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Become familiar with basic concepts and methods used in spatial analysis.
- Describe GIS analysis based on raster data modeling.
- Apply raster modeling functions to solve spatial problems.
- Use GIS software to implement complex spatial analysis.
- Describe issues of spatial analysis (scale and correlation).
- Describe and apply distance modeling methods.
- Describe deterministic and geostatistical methods of spatial analysis.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2011
Spatial Analysis (GIST 8106) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Spatial Analysis (GIST 8106)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.