- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Introduces students to the operational use and role of computer aided drafting software in GIS. Students will gain hands-on experience with Autodesk products and be exposed to other CAD software and vertical products used in industry. Topics include AutoCAD basics, 2D entity constructions and manipulations, data entry, data editing, data integrity, data exchange.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of GIST 7111 for the Fall 2023 term.
Tue Sep 12 - Mon Dec 04 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 49134
Class meeting times
|Sep 12 - Dec 04||N/A||N/A||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
For more information about online courses at BCIT, please visit: www.bcit.ca/distance/foryou.shtml Students must check your my.bcit.ca e-mail account for start-up instructions sent upon registration of this course. To be successful in our online courses, plan to spend 4-6 hours per course each week on your studies, starting Week 1. Our courses are highly interactive with participation requirements weekly. Most of our online learning courses require a textbook. You can search for your course textbook at : www.bcitbookstore.ca/distance/ If no textbook is listed, course material will be provided via e-mail.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student should be able to:
- Create, manipulate and modify entities with AutoCAD.
- Produce maps and plans using CAD software.
- Link attribute data to entities in CAD drawings.
- Explain file formats for data exchange.
- Describe vertical products used in CAD.
- Explain how CAD and GIS are used in industry for geospatial data handling.
Effective as of Fall 2007
CAD for GIS (GIST 7111) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of CAD for GIS (GIST 7111)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.