Focuses on developing skills for solving the diverse problems of the latest GIS computer systems. Students will examine operating systems, explore GIS web client-server relationships, write utility programs and simple GIS web server applications.
- Previous programming experience required OR GIST 7010 must be taken concurrently.
Below is one offering of GIST 7130 for the Fall 2023 term.
Wed Sep 13 - Tue Dec 05 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 39111
Class meeting times
|Sep 13 - Dec 05||N/A||N/A||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
For more information about online courses at BCIT, please visit: www.bcit.ca/distance/foryou.shtml Students must check your my.bcit.ca e-mail account for start-up instructions sent upon registration of this course. To be successful in our online courses, plan to spend 4-6 hours per course each week on your studies, starting Week 1. Our courses are highly interactive with participation requirements weekly. Most of our online learning courses require a textbook. You can search for your course textbook at : www.bcitbookstore.ca/distance/ If no textbook is listed, course material will be provided via e-mail.
In Progress and Full
This course offering is in progress and full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student should be able to:
- Use and compare the UNIX and Windows operating systems.
- Create HTML forms and associated web server script programs.
- Create forms and scripts to deliver maps to web clients.
- Describe the typical client/server relationship.
- Compare GIS web client and web server designs.
Effective as of Fall 2005
GIS Computing and the Internet (GIST 7130) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of GIS Computing and the Internet (GIST 7130)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.