This course covers advanced GIS programming issues. Topics include accessing the latest GIS data stores: RDBMS, ORDBMS, XML and binary files, creating custom classes, events and exceptions. Advanced UI controls that render graphics, bind data and integrate the latest web and mobile technologies will be use to present geospatial data.
- 50% in GIST 7010
- Course registration is restricted to current students registered in a BCIT GIS program.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Create desktop and web applications that display graphical information.
- Implement object-oriented principles such as encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism, abstraction, and serialization.
- Use Catch...Try...Finally statements for structured error handling.
- Create and handle custom events.
- Access and update GIS binary and XML files.
- Access GIS data stored in an RDBMS or ORDBMS.
- Create MVC and MVP structured web applications.
- Create web applications that integrate the latest web-based and mobile GIS technologies.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2011
GIS Programming 2 (GIST 8010) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of GIS Programming 2 (GIST 8010)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.