Being a BCIT alum just got even better! We are excited to announce the launch of the BCIT Alumni Perks app (which has replaced the BCIT Alumni Card). Exclusively for BCIT alumni, the app is completely free to download.
The BCIT Alumni Perks app gives our alumni access to amazing benefits including:
- Discounted access to BCIT Recreation Services (gym)
- Access to the BCIT Library (physical material only; does not include online databases)
- A one-time $100 credit towards a BCIT Part-time Studies course)
Plus, exclusive offers from our Perks partners, including:
- Sparkling Hill Resort & Spa – 40% off the standard rate
- NEKSA – 50% off a one-year membership to online career tools and support
- Fresh Prep – 75% off your first order
- Royal Ontario Museum – 15% off admission
- Bank of Montreal – BMO® BCIT MasterCard®
- TD Insurance – preferred rates on home insurance
- iA Financial Group – preferred rates on life, critical illness, and disability insurance
Sign up now—it’s easy!
- Download the free app (search “BCIT Alumni Perks”) from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Sign up.
- Confirm your registration when you receive an email from us (within two business days after you signed up), and start enjoying the benefits!
How do I redeem a Perks offer?
Simply select the offer from within the Perks app and follow the instructions on how to redeem.
What happens after I sign up for the app?
After you sign up for the app, you should receive an email within two business days confirming your registration for Perks and be directed to download the app.
Can I sign up for the app from a computer?
Yes. Go to https://bcit.alumni-perks.com/ where can sign up. You will receive a confirmation email within two business days after you signed up. After that, just download the app (search “BCIT Alumni Perks” from the Google Play Store or the App Store) to your smartphone and start enjoying the benefits!
Can I still sign up for a BCIT Alumni Card?
You won’t be able to sign up for a BCIT Alumni Card any longer. It has been replaced with the BCIT Alumni Perks app—and it’s completely free to sign up.
Can I still use my BCIT Alumni Card?
Yes. If you signed up for and received a BCIT Alumni Card, you can still use it to access its benefits (discounted access to BCIT Recreation Services [gym], access to the BCIT Library, and a one-time $100 credit towards a BCIT Part-time Studies course). It will be still be accepted through to the expiry date.
Will BCIT Alumni Perks app still give me access to the BCIT gym and BCIT Library, and a credit towards a BCIT Part-time Studies course?
Yes! You’ll get the benefits of the former BCIT Alumni Card PLUS exclusive offers, discounts, event tickets, contests, etc. from our partner businesses.
Why are you replacing the BCIT Alumni Card with BCIT Alumni Perks?
We want to be able to give our alumni more benefits in an easy-to-use way. BCIT Alumni Perks gives every alumni member an app that is simple to use, travels with them everywhere they take their phone, and shows up-to-the-minute offers in real time!
Is the BCIT Alumni Perks only available to BCIT alumni?
Yes, it’s one of the benefits of being a BCIT graduate. When you sign up, you’ll be asked for information that will allow us to verify your alumni status. Once you’ve been verified, you’ll get an email confirmation, after which time you can start using the app. From within the app, you’ll find your very own ‘digital card’ with a barcode that is unique to you. You may be asked by our Perks partner businesses to show your digital card when you redeem an offer.
How can my business become a Perks Partner and offer a benefit/discount to BCIT alumni?
Contact Ali Siemens, Alumni Relations manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-432-8847.
Need more information?
Contact us. We’re happy to help.