The Logistics Department is responsible for movement of goods, equipment, and supplies and the supply of warehoused surplus furniture and equipment.
What we can do for you:
- Pick-up and delivery of goods, supplies, and equipment throughout the campuses and between the campuses.
- Pick-up and delivery of Audio Visual (AV) equipment for use on all the campuses.
- Arrange for the pick-up and delivery of large pieces of equipment throughout the campuses. Depending on the nature, priority, and size of the equipment being moved, a department may be responsible for any external costs incurred.
- Warehouse and provide to BCIT departments surplus equipment, office, and classroom furniture.
- Warehouse operating and special-event goods and supplies.
- Depending on workload and priority, we might be able to provide assistance with rush requirements.
- Assist with finding or arranging for storage of goods and equipment not currently being used but will be required in the near future. Unfortunately, on campus storage space for the BCIT Community is almost non-existent. The limited space available to Logistics is usually full with surplus furniture, goods awaiting disposal, special-event materials, and exam furniture.
How to make a request
A notice of up to 5 office days for Logistics requests is needed. This notice period is required to ensure the Logistics department has an opportunity to complete your request on time.
To repurpose or warehouse an item or items, direct contact with the Logistics department is a recommended first step.
Location & hours
The Distribution office is located in Building NE9, Room 160 at the BCIT Burnaby campus.
Hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Forklift operations are from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Audio / Visual equipment
If you are requesting the pick-up/delivery of AV equipment and a room set up, you may combine both requests on the same Logistics Request Form [PDF], but you still need to schedule those items through the AV Services.