In the Digital Design and Development diploma program at BCIT, you will build a solid foundation in designing, developing, and creating interactive, dynamic, immersive social and online applications across various digital media platforms.
Learn to work within a team to design and develop web and mobile applications, educational products, video, and audio assets for interactive media and business applications.
Program delivery mode: in person
- This program will be delivered in person.
- We have put measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see the BCIT COVID-19 page for details on the procedures that have been implemented.
Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
About the program
- Two-year, full-time diploma program
- Eight week practicum to learn on the job
- Learn from some of the most knowledgeable and talented people in the industry
- Graduate with a professional portfolio to show employers
Want more info? Check out our Program Details.
Who should apply for the Digital Design and Development Diploma?
The Digital Design and Development diploma program is right for you if:
- You have an arts background and understand movement (ie. dance, music, painting)
- You have strong problem solving skills
- You are able to work on tight deadlines while maintaining high quality
- You are willing to practice, practice, practice!
Ready to get started with the Digital Design and Development program? Visit Entrance Requirements to apply.
What grads can do
Graduates are often able to turn the connections they make during the Digital Design and Development program into jobs.
Take a look at Graduating and Jobs to see the types of roles Digital Design and Development grads take on.
Digital Media Internship
Prior to graduation, Digital Design and Development students participate in a hands-on, eight-week practicum to learn on the job and develop business connections in the digital media industry. The practicum provides a valuable career building experience and can even lead to a job offer from the sponsoring company.
Graduates have a variety of digital media skills that can lead them to various content design and development jobs with digital media production studios, advertising companies, design firms, and web and mobile app developers. Graduates may also have opportunities to be part of a team that creates games, digital animations, and dynamic content.
- Mobile and Web Content Artist
- Internet Marketing Coordinator
- Digital Media Coordinator
- Web and Mobile Developer
- Interface Designer
- Game User Interface Designer
- Project Manager
- Digital Media Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Digital Media Producer
- Web Development Manager
- Dynamic Media Designer
- Digital Media Product Designer
604-412-7691 | email@example.com
Program Head, Digital Design and Development
604-412-7694 | Henry_Leung@bcit.ca
Contact a Program Advisor with the BCIT program name in the subject line if you have a question about:
- Program selection and program planning
- Applying for transfer credit and advanced placement
- Job placement and graduate outcomes
- Student life
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.