Delivery Mode: ONLINE
- This program will be delivered online during COVID-19.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
BCIT students acquire the critical skills necessary to manage the day-to-day front desk procedures performed in a computerized dental office.
Explore areas such as patient charts and records, related accounting, business communication, and marketing within the dental office.
Graduates will have a working knowledge of dental terminology, clinical and billing procedures, insurance company protocols and fee guides, telephone skills, and appointment scheduling.
Prepare for a challenging and exciting career with BCIT as a Dental Office Receptionist in as little as 12 weeks at night plus a few Sundays.
BCIT’s dental office receptionist course graduates are in demand.
Scheduled Intakes 3 times a year, courses start in:
- January, April, and September
Formal application to the Statement of Completion is not required, as this is not a BCIT credential. Upon successful completion of these three courses, a Statement of Completion will be issued.
To be successful in this program, you must be able to communicate at a BC Grade 12 English level.
This line of work requires you to be detail-oriented, able to work well with the public, and dental terminology requires the utmost accuracy in spelling.
Costs & Supplies
Tuition and books for all three courses is less than $1600.
Computer hardware and Internet requirements
COMP courses are now conducted entirely online until further notice. Students must provide a current model PC desktop or laptop with a webcam, microphone and have high-speed internet access. Courses will be delivered in real-time and may use two-way audio and video as well as group work.
Students must be computer literate and be able to log in during regularly scheduled class hours in order to participate and complete each COMP course. Please contact the department via email: email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Attendance and participation are mandatory.
- Accuracy with spelling and math is required.
- The passing grade for each course is 70%.
Faculty, Advisors & Staff
- Erin McCaffrey – Chief Instructor
- Karen Lee – Computing Part-time Studies Program Assistant
- Joanne Atha – Computing Part-time Studies Coordinator
- Kevin Cudihee – Program Head, Computing Part-time Studies
- Aaron Hunter – Acting Associate Dean, BCIT Computing
Erin McCaffrey and input from local dental practices.
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.