BCIT Computing students acquire the critical skills necessary to manage the day-to-day front desk procedures performed in a computerized dental office.
Students explore areas such as patient charts and records, related accounting, business communication, and marketing within the dental office.
Delivery Mode: for 2022 – In Person
- All Dental Reception classes will be face to face at the Downtown Campus.
- Please check the individual COMP course pages for delivery and location details.
- COMP courses were only temporarily delivered online since the start of COVID-19.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
Prepare for a challenging and exciting career with BCIT as a Dental Office Receptionist in as little as 12 weeks with classes 3 nights per week, plus on 4 Sundays. Some students may decide to complete these courses with a lighter workload over 2 terms or 6 months, and start with COMP 0885 which meets 2 nights per week.
Graduates will have a working knowledge of dental terminology, clinical and billing procedures, insurance company protocols and fee guides, telephone skills, and appointment scheduling.
BCIT’s dental office receptionist course graduates are in demand.
Scheduled Intakes 3 times a year, courses start in:
- January, April, and September
This line of work requires students to be very detail-oriented, and able to work well with the public. To be successful in this program, students must be able to use a computer, and communicate at a BC Grade 12 English level.
Please understand: The passing grade for each course is 70%. Dental terminology requires the utmost accuracy in spelling. Any spelling mistakes will result in lost marks, and this is non-negotiable.
Formal application to the Statement of Completion is not required, as this is not a BCIT credential. Upon successful completion of these three courses, a Statement of Completion will be issued.
Costs & Supplies
Tuition and books for all three courses is around $1600.
Students must provide a current model PC desktop or laptop with internet access and be computer literate in order to participate and complete in COMP courses.
Please contact the department via email: email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Attendance and participation are mandatory.
- Accuracy with spelling and math is required.
- The passing grade for each course is 70%.
Faculty, Advisors & Staff
- Erin McCaffrey – Chief Instructor
- Karen Lee – Computing Part-time Studies Program Assistant
- Joanne Atha – Computing Part-time Studies Coordinator
- Kevin Cudihee – Program Head, Computing Part-time Studies
- Aaron Hunter – Acting Associate Dean, BCIT Computing
Erin McCaffrey and input from local dental practices.
BCIT Dental Receptionist courses are not available to international students.
For details please contact the BCIT Computing PTS department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.