BCIT’s campuses can be accessed by a number of bicycle routes. The primary source of bike maps for Metro Vancouver is on the Translink site:
- Cycling Map West [PDF]: west from Coquitlam and Surrey
- Cycling Map East [PDF]: east from Anmore, Coquitlam and Surrey.
Metro Vancouver community bike pages
Metro Vancouver communities also have bike pages, with maps and other information:
See something wrong on your ride?
If you notice problems on your bike route please report it to the relevant City authority. Ask for a call back or other response to your concern to ensure that you will know what the next step is.
- Burnaby – maintenance requests
- Coquitlam – call (604) 927 3500
- Langley – road safety request
- City of North Vancouver – email email@example.com
- North Vancouver – call (604) 990-2450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richmond – service request contact details
- Surrey – email email@example.com
- Vancouver – call 311 and ask for a response
- West Vancouver – cycling information and contact details
Helping you adopt a more sustainable commute
BCIT is committed to promoting the use of sustainable travel to help faculty, staff and students adopt a more sustainable commute and contribute to BCIT’s goal to become greenhouse gas neutral. This initiative supports the Ecocity Standard for Environmentally Friendly Transport, which looks at how non-motorized transportation is supported and encouraged by the city and is used by a significant proportion of people for trips under 5 km.