- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course puts to use everything learned in BCST 1002, BCST 1003 & BCST 1005. Real career-expanding exercises are provided, and entrepreneurial skills are put to the test. Students will work in a collaborative environment to reverse-engineer a class goal, and have the opportunity to bring their personal strengths to the table. The course culminates with a presentation to music industry professionals who will assess and provide indispensable feedback on your work, and advise on potential revenue opportunities.
- 50% in BCST 1005
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Expand songwriting talents to meet contracted requests.
- Have their work registered with The Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN).
- Establish a defined passive income business model.
- Understand the ins and outs of music publishing.
- Build a new audience and introduce their existing core fan base to new content.
- Directly access music industry contacts.
- Submit original work for licensing to TV and Film.
- Utilize music-specific websites and social media platforms.
- Create group revenue streams.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Activate artist social responsibility.
- Capitalize on charity relationships.
- Identify and engage key stakeholders in career advancement.
Effective as of Winter 2019
The Music Business: Revenue Streams (BCST 1006) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Music Business
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of The Music Business: Revenue Streams (BCST 1006)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.