Quality planning is a critical element of delivering products and services that meet and exceed customer requirements. This course covers the basic elements of quality planning and control in both manufacturing and service organizations. Topics include the meaning of quality, customer requirements, quality systems and the context for quality planning, design for quality, quality plans, process control techniques, and documentation for quality systems.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
$724.31 - $727.42 See individual course offerings below for actual costs.
Below is one offering of OPMT 2098 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Wed Apr 12 - Wed Jun 28 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 67542
Class meeting times
|Apr 12 - Jun 28||Wed||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby SE06 Rm. 109|
This course offering is in progress. Please check this page for other currently available offerings or subscribe to receive email updates.
Below is one offering of OPMT 2098 for the Fall 2023 term.
Mon Sep 11 - Mon Dec 11 (11 weeks)
- 11 weeks
- CRN 48171
Class meeting times
|Sep 11 - Dec 11||Mon||18:30 - 22:00||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
No class on Monday, Oct 2, Mon Oct 9 and Monday Nov 13
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the planning and work elements for a typical quality control system.
- Apply applicable techniques to determine customer requirements.
- Identify product design strategies that lead to customer satisfaction.
- Describe how quality function deployment is used to improve quality.
- Construct a quality plan for a product, process, project or contract.
- Describe the working relationship between a supplier and purchaser that facilitates quality.
- Evaluate tools used to manage quality.
- Describe the different performance measures applicable to quality control.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Quality Planning & Control (OPMT 2098) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Quality and Process Management
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Quality Planning & Control (OPMT 2098)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.