This course explores the key requirements of a quality management system using the ISO 9000 International Standards for quality management and quality assurance systems. The series consists of ISO 9000, 9001 and 9004. In addition, the course will define and explain the current ISO 9001:2015 standard with emphasis on the high-level clauses of Annex SL. Topics include the purpose and requirements of the ISO Standards, assessment of existing company operations relating to the standards, and steps required for implementation and registration to the ISO 9001 Standard.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of OPMT 3306 for the Fall 2022 term.
Mon Sep 12 - Mon Dec 05 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 30964
Class meeting times
|Sep 12 - Dec 05||Mon||18:30 - 21:30||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
Important Information: 1. Internet delivery synchronous course format. This is a synchronous course that will be held entirely online. You will be required to log in to the course each week at a specific time. Please check the registration page for the specific dates and times. 2. Learning formats include: online asynchronous, online synchronous, hybrid/blended, and in-class. Please read the information at this link to understand the differences between learning online versus in a real physical classroom. www.bcit.ca/distance/distance-course-formats/ 3. Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information. No class on October 10
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Provide an introduction to the ISO 9000 International Standards for Quality Management and Quality Assurance.
- Comprehend the relationship between the series of ISO 9000 standards.
- Describe the objective of ISO 9000 and its relation to Quality Management.
- Define the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System standard.
- Interpret the common elements of implementation and the assessment process.
- Recognise the key enhancements introduced through ISO 9001:2015 vs earlier versions of the standard.
- Understand how risk-based thinking can be applied to a Quality Management System.
- Recognise the Annex structured layer framework and its application.
- Preparation steps for an ISO 9001:2015 internal or external audit.
- Utilize the ISO 9000 Standards for Quality Improvement.
Effective as of Winter 2020
Quality Management Systems (OPMT 3306) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Operations Management (Industrial Engineering Option)
- Operations Management (Management Engineering Option)
- Quality and Process Management
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Quality Management Systems (OPMT 3306)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.