- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course is designed to improve student ability to apply a balanced scorecard approach to increase organizational performance. Students will identify leading and lagging key performance indicators (KPIs) that are commonly measured and contribute to a firm's strategic success. This course moves beyond theory to build on data modelling and business intelligence skills to build and implement a performance management dashboard using Excel & Power BI.
Below is one offering of BABI 8900 for the Spring/Summer 2024 term.
Wed Apr 24 - Wed Jul 31 (15 weeks)
- 15 weeks
- CRN 68151
- Domestic fees $769.22International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Apr 24 - May 29
|18:00 - 21:00
|18:00 - 21:00
|Burnaby SE12 Rm. 322
|Jun 12 - Jul 31
|18:00 - 21:00
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Departmental approval needed
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Enrolment is restricted to students accepted into the Flexible Learning (formerly Part-Time) BBA Degree Program, Option 3 – Business Intelligence and Value Management. For registration approval, please email email@example.com with your name and student ID. This is an online course with asynchronous lectures, weekly labs on Zoom Wednesday evenings from 18:00-20:00, and an in-person midterm exam at the Burnaby campus on June 5th.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Assess how organizations can profit from strategic agility.
- Evaluate an organization's performance using financial and nonfinancial measures.
- Identify the impact of gaps between a firm's objectives, measures, targets, and strategic initiatives.
- Evaluate the role of performance dashboards in strategic and operational management.
- Identify common key performance metrics that drive performance.
- Analyze the attributes of effective performance measures.
- Recommend and critically defend a balanced approach to strategic management.
- Apply critical thinking to design effective performance management dashboards.
- Develop a performance management dashboard using Microsoft Excel & Power BI.
Effective as of Winter 2022
Performance Metrics and Value Management (BABI 8900) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Bachelor of Business Administration
Bachelor of Business Administration Full-time/Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Performance Metrics and Value Management (BABI 8900)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.