This course utilizes Excel's PowerPivot and PowerBI functionality working on skills to model different types of data and how the data is synthesized into management information. In addition to these skills, this course will dive into the issues related to big data and analyze big data so information can be integrated into the strategic decision-making process by using data visualization tools. Students will be then able to build custom dashboards to answer management problems.
- Acceptance into the Bachelor of Business Administration program.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Structure data gathering to a business need.
- Utilize systems to store, edit, and retrieve required data.
- Determine best practices in data use.
- Discuss and apply ethical and legal considerations in the use of data.
- Build effective data visualizations to communicate meaning through data.
- Determine correct visual tool to analyze multiple data types.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses as appropriate.
- Select tools to effectively convey meaning.
- Perform basic application use.
- Describe Business Intelligence (e.g., Online Analytical Processing or OLAP).
- Perform data analysis using MS Power BI toolset.
- Perform time series analysis (forecasting techniques).
- Apply Power BI to Data Mining and Discovery methods and use single and multiple table data sources in Power BI.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Power BI and Data Analytics (BABI 7800) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Bachelor of Business Administration
Bachelor of Business Administration Full-time/Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Power BI and Data Analytics (BABI 7800)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.