This course will focus on the relationship between Cabinetmaking (Millwork) and Design. Students will have the opportunity to interact with professional cabinetmakers. Students will work in BCIT's millwork shop to gain hands-on experience.
Below is one offering of JOIN 4350 for the Winter 2023 term.
Wed Jan 04 - Wed Mar 08 (10 weeks)
- 10 weeks
- CRN 77384
Class meeting times
|Jan 04 - Mar 08||Wed||17:00 - 21:00||Burnaby NE02 Rm. 101|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
***Please note*** - Students who do not meet the mandatory prerequisites will be dropped without notice. Students must have passed the TRPT 0011 Trades Pre-Entry English exam prior to the start of this class. Email results to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to be placed on the INTD department maintained waitlist for this course, please email INTD_Waitlist@bcit.ca with the following information: Your name, student number, course number, and CRN. Please note - waitlist requests are not accepted until after 9:30am on registration day.
Upon successful completion, the student will to:
- Follow common shop safety practices
- Interpret shop drawings and cutting bills related to design concepts
- Apply the procedure used for solid wood breakout
- Identify construction materials and their appropriate applications
- Describe the capabilities of automated machinery
- Differentiate between plywood, composition boards and their uses
- Create a variety of woodworking joints.
- Identify commonly used hardware and system 32
- Use veneer equipment to create a variety of veneer patterns
- Describe commonly used finishing materials and equipment
- Apply the procedure required to finish a product using industrial spray equipment.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Joinery Fundamentals for Interior Design (JOIN 4350) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Joinery Fundamentals for Interior Design (JOIN 4350)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.