This course will focus on the relationship between Cabinetmaking (Millwork) and Design. Students will have the opportunity to interact with professional cabinetmakers. Students will work in BCIT's millwork shop to gain hands-on experience.
Below is one offering of JOIN 4350 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Tue Apr 11 - Tue Jun 13 (10 weeks)
- 10 weeks
- CRN 68783
Class meeting times
|Apr 11 - Jun 13||Tue||17:00 - 21:00||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
***Please note*** - Students who do not meet the mandatory prerequisites will be dropped without notice. Students must have passed the TRPT 0011 Trades Pre-Entry English exam prior to the start of this class. Email results to firstname.lastname@example.org .
This course offering is full. Please check back next term, subscribe to receive email updates or contact us with your comments or questions.
Upon successful completion, the student will to:
- Follow common shop safety practices
- Interpret shop drawings and cutting bills related to design concepts
- Apply the procedure used for solid wood breakout
- Identify construction materials and their appropriate applications
- Describe the capabilities of automated machinery
- Differentiate between plywood, composition boards and their uses
- Create a variety of woodworking joints.
- Identify commonly used hardware and system 32
- Use veneer equipment to create a variety of veneer patterns
- Describe commonly used finishing materials and equipment
- Apply the procedure required to finish a product using industrial spray equipment.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Joinery Fundamentals for Interior Design (JOIN 4350) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Interior Design
- Interior Design
- Residential Interiors
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Joinery Fundamentals for Interior Design (JOIN 4350)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.