This course will introduce participants to Safety Management Systems (SMS) as required by Transport Canada and the impact it has on the aviation industry. Students will learn a systematic approach and evolution of safety management in aviation.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe a systematic approach to Safety Management in Aviation.
- Outline the evolution of Safety Management in Aviation.
- Outline each element of SMS.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities within SMS.
- Describe an individual employee’s involvement in a SMS audit.
- Associate Human Factors to SMS.
- Commit to adopt safe work practices.
Effective as of Fall 2010
Introduction to Safety Management Systems (AIRC 1008) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Transportation
- Airline and Flight Operations Commercial Pilot (Fixed-Wing)
- Airline and Flight Operations Commercial Pilot (Rotary-Wing)
- Airport Operations
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Introduction to Safety Management Systems (AIRC 1008)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.