Provides students with short-term GIS industry work experiences. The practicum involves GIS project or production work and presents the opportunity to interact with supervisors in a mentoring relationship. Allows students to develop technical, interpersonal and employability skills, and gain first-hand insight into the organizational context of GIS.
Below is one offering of GIST 8126 for the Winter 2023 term.
Fri Jan 13 - Fri Jun 23 (24 weeks)
- 24 weeks
- CRN 82335
Class meeting times
|Jan 13 - Jun 23||N/A||N/A||Distance|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Work productively in a GIS industry environment.
- Solve technical GIS problems independently using technical documentation, Internet resources, and peer tutoring.
- Apply resources, data, and personal organization techniques to manage GIS work.
- Demonstrate the development of advanced technical GIS skills.
- Describe the organizational setting of a GIS.
Effective as of Fall 2005
GIS Industry Practicum (GIST 8126) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of GIS Industry Practicum (GIST 8126)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.