Develops skills for using database software with GIS. Topics include database server architecture, Enterprise Geodatabase architecture, Database Versioning and GIS database Web server programs.
- 50% in GIST 7132
- Course registration is restricted to current students registered in a BCIT GIS program.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe database server architecture.
- Create and query tables.
- Use utilities and scripts to import and export data.
- Write web server-side scripts to display database tables over the web.
- View spatial data stored in Enterprise Geodatabase.
- Load vector and raster data into Enterprise Geodatabase.
- Create and reconcile database versions.
Effective as of Fall 2020
GIS Database Systems 2 (GIST 8132) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of GIS Database Systems 2 (GIST 8132)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.