Develops skills for using database software with GIS. Topics include database server architecture, Enterprise Geodatabase architecture, Database Versioning and GIS database Web server programs.
- 50% in GIST 7132
- Course registration is restricted to current students registered in a BCIT GIS program.
Below is one offering of GIST 8132 for the Winter 2023 term.
Fri Jan 13 - Fri Mar 31 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 71718
Class meeting times
|Jan 13 - Mar 31||N/A||N/A||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Students must be accepted into the GIS program and completed the prerequisites prior to registration of this course. Students need to receive approval to register for this course. To receive approval, please email your BCIT Student ID to email@example.com. For more information about online courses at BCIT, please visit: www.bcit.ca/distance/foryou.shtml Students must check your my.bcit.ca e-mail account for start-up instructions sent upon registration of this course. To be successful in our online courses, plan to spend 4-6 hours per course each week on your studies, starting Week 1. Our courses are highly interactive with participation requirements weekly. Most online courses require a textbook. You can search for your course textbook at : www.bcitbookstore.ca/distance/ If no textbook is listed, course material will be provided via e-mail.
This course offering is full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe database server architecture.
- Create and query tables.
- Use utilities and scripts to import and export data.
- Write web server-side scripts to display database tables over the web.
- View spatial data stored in Enterprise Geodatabase.
- Load vector and raster data into Enterprise Geodatabase.
- Create and reconcile database versions.
Effective as of Fall 2020
GIS Database Systems 2 (GIST 8132) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of GIS Database Systems 2 (GIST 8132)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.