This course examines the fundamentals of geospatial systems management. Topics include hardware, software, networking, web configurations, security, enterprise systems, systems development and maintenance.
- 50% in GIST 7130
- Course registration is restricted to current students registered in a BCIT GIS program.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify critical hardware components in a computer system.
- Report on operating system capacities and performance.
- Recommend network technology based on given criteria.
- Differentiate between the Internet and Intranets and Extranets.
- Identify IT security risks.
- Understand the role of GIS in enterprise systems.
- Define steps in the systems development life cycle.
- Participate in collaborative project work implementing enterprise-grade GIS infrastructure.
Effective as of Winter 2019
Geospatial Systems Management (GIST 8109) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Geospatial Systems Management (GIST 8109)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.