This course assists students enrolled in their Capstone Project course. Students conduct a systematic literature review including techniques for proper referencing of all sources. As they form their project report, students have opportunity for feedback on the logical flow and clarity of their written report, Topics include literature reviews, report organization, document design, editing techniques, and use of proper citation. Pre-Requisite(s): COMM 7500, AND COMM 8510 Co-Requisite (MUST be taken concurrently): EENG 8460
Below is one offering of COMM 8590 for the Fall 2022 term.
Wed Sep 07 - Wed Dec 14 (15 weeks)
- 15 weeks
- CRN 46251
Class meeting times
|Sep 07 - Dec 14||N/A||N/A||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyse the audience and define the purpose for the Capstone Project report.
- Systematically review literature to select relevant information for the project.
- Critically evaluate information to determine if it is accurate, relevant, and complete and to use critical thinking to develop strong arguments.
- Write and edit a Capstone Project report which focuses on the reader; presents the material logically; uses concise, clear wording; uses direct pattern to get to the point; provides accurate information; satisfies the document specifications; and explains technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Use proper citation methods to reference sources and avoid plagiarism.
Effective as of Fall 2019
Capstone Project Writing (COMM 8590) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Environmental Engineering
Bachelor of Technology Full-time/Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Capstone Project Writing (COMM 8590)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.