- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course provides students with opportunities to analyze and critique an Environmental Engineering project by comparing and contrasting regulatory requirements and technical components with another Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) types of projects. Students learn skills to raise arguments about stakeholder consultation, methods used to evaluate impacts of a new or an existing project on ecosystems, conditions of acceptance of that project, and present critiques in a professional manner.
- 3 credits of Technical Communication Co-Requisite (MUST be taken concurrently): EENG 7440
Below is one offering of COMM 7500 for the Winter 2024 term.
Wed Jan 03 - Wed Apr 17 (15 weeks)
- 15 weeks
- CRN 87432
- Domestic fees $373.56International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 03 - Apr 17||N/A||N/A||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Assess the validity of the arguments in an Environmental Assessment project
- Compare and contrast the extent to which regulatory requirements are met in two EIA projects with similar environmental impacts
- Evaluate the appropriateness of methods used in assessing the impacts on ecosystems
- Synthesize direct/indirect, positive/negative, reversible/irreversible, permanent/temporary and cumulative effects presented in EA Certificate
- Evaluate the quality of stakeholder consultation of the given EIA project
- Structure an argument about stakeholder consultation and acceptance of a project
- Write and present a critique of the EIA project
Effective as of Fall 2019
Critical Analysis for Environmental Engineering Projects (COMM 7500) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Environmental Engineering
Bachelor of Technology Full-time/Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Critical Analysis for Environmental Engineering Projects (COMM 7500)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.