- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Computers and information technology are the foundation of business today. This course provides an understanding of computer terminology, operating systems, and the most popular office software used in business. Students learn to use spreadsheets (e.g. Microsoft Excel), word processing applications (e.g. Microsoft Word), and presentation and graphics programs (e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint). Students also get an introduction to cloud computing and enterprise collaboration tools. The course also provides an overview of social media, Web-based collaboration, and publishing and productivity tools.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion on the course, the student will be able to:
- Use, combine, and customize the PC operating system environment.
- Address cross-platform issues.
- Discuss basic business technology issues from a business manager’s perspective.
- Organize files and folders on a local computer, a network drive, and the Web.
- Demonstrate industry-level digital literacy skills.
- Use document software to produce professionally formatted business communications and reports.
- Use presentation software to produce advanced business presentations.
- Use spreadsheets to create simple, what-if analysis financial models and charts.
- Work in a collaborative environment using Microsoft 365.
- Use social networks, collaboration tools, virtual desktops, and mobile devices for project work.
- Protect their privacy while using social media and be proactive with their online reputation.
Effective as of Fall 2022
Business Information Systems (BSYS 1000) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Business Administration
Associate Certificate Part-time
- Business Fundamentals
Associate Certificate Full-time
- Business Information Technology Management (Artificial Intelligence Management Option)
- Business Information Technology Management (Enterprise Systems Management Option)
- Business Management
- Business Management
- Business Operations Management
- Financial Planning
- General Insurance and Risk Management
- Global Trade and Transportation Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Business Information Systems (BSYS 1000)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.