- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Brand is the persona of a company and it must portray a focused message in a consistent manner to be recognized and remembered in the marketplace. This course establishes how brand equity is maintained through the implementation of a vital and compelling corporate identity program. Students explore the intricacies of brand creation, implementation and maintenance creating a consistent identity that can be flexibly applied to many applications. Broader brand issues will be discussed in class and through research assignments.
Below is one offering of GDES 2125 for the Winter 2024 term.
Mon Jan 08 - Mon Mar 25 (11 weeks)
- 11 weeks
- CRN 91716
- Domestic fees $598.54International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 08 - Mar 25||Mon||18:00 - 21:15||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
No classes on February 19, 2024. This is not a self-paced course. You will be expected to be available and online on the posted days and times shown on your registration schedule. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Please log into learn.bcit.ca using your BCIT student email and password on the first day of class. You will require access to the Adobe Creative Cloud in order to complete this course. Students who are currently registered in one or more part-time courses can purchase a subscription for Adobe Creative Cloud Pro at a discount through BCIT’s new software portal kb.bcit.ca/student/adobe-creative-cloud-subscription-flexible-learning-student-3130/
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain how brand equity is critical for a company’s success.
- Distinguish between the terms “brand” and “identity.”
- Conduct research to determine an organization’s brand message.
- Communicate a brand message through a design concept.
- Explore visual components of a brand message using symbols.
- Represent a brand message by designing a logo or wordmark.
- Create a coordinated visual language (design elements, colour scheme and typographic family and composition) from the logo design.
- Apply this visual language to a basic corporate standards guide.
- Explain design issues inherent in tailored brand identity creation and maintenance.
- Interpret visual elements from written criteria and concepts.
- Using your visual language elements, apply the brand message to elements of corporate business identity.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2023
Brand Identity (GDES 2125) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Graphic Design
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Brand Identity (GDES 2125)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.