This course introduces cloud computing and provides opportunities for students to build a variety of cloud infrastructures, services and security employed by small to medium size businesses through a guided, hands-on approach. Students learn how to design systems that are secure, reliable, high-performing, and cost efficient using Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a platform. Students will gain real-world understanding of AWS cloud practices, cloud concepts, core services, security, architecture, pricing and support. Services such a Microsoft Azure and Google Computer Engine (GCE) are introduced for comparison with AWS. The course content will help students prepare for two AWS certifications: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01) and AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (SAA-C02). The content of this course is supported by the AWS Learning Academy.
- It is strongly recommended that students have a background in Networking, Linux, and Windows prior to taking the course.
Below is one offering of CITX 2150 for the Winter 2023 term.
Tue Jan 10 - Thu Mar 30 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 89598
Class meeting times
|Jan 10 - Mar 30||Tue, Thu||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby|
Note: BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current in your myBCIT account.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe cloud computing frameworks
- Compare popular cloud services
- Describe the economic benefits of using a cloud service
- Describe the different cloud architecture design principles
- Design a multi-tier, resilient, high performing, fault tolerant architecture with high availability
- Design decoupling mechanisms using AWS services
- Choose appropriate resilient storage
- Design secure applications and architectures
- Describe migration principles and solutions.
- Define a solution using architectural design principles based on client requirements
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2021
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of AWS Academy Cloud Foundations and Architecture (CITX 2150)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.