To provide funding for workshops initiated at the department level for BCIT instructors (FSA and BCGEU) and staff, which will enhance teaching and learning.
- Application can be made for funds in amounts up to $2,500.
- The Instructional Development Committee will review all applications and fund proposals that meet the conditions as outlined below, up to a maximum of $25,000 for this fiscal year.
- The $2,500 maximum may be spent on speaker fees, travel/accommodation and/or workshop materials.
- Over and above the $2,500, the Learning and Teaching Centre will, on behalf of the Instructional Development Committee, provide logistic support, and subsidize catering costs up to $7 per person for half day (or less) events, or $14 per person for full day events up to a maximum of $700 per event.
Who may apply
All BCIT employees (part-time or full-time) who are involved in teaching or teaching related activities at any of the BCIT campuses may apply.
- The workshop must be of at least one hour in duration.
- The workshop topic must lead to the enhancement of teaching and learning.
- The venue may include satellite conference as well as more traditional venues.
- The workshop must take place at one of the BCIT campuses or at a location easily accessible to BCIT faculty and staff.
- If the venue and event allow for more participants, a general invitation will be extended.
- Students, Advisory Committee members, industry contacts, clinical site workers, and other interested persons may attend.
- An application must be completed and approved by the committee in advance of the event.
- The applicant will arrange the topic and presenter.
- The applicant will recommend the time and location.
- The logistics (e.g. room allocation, registration, broader invitation to attend, catering arrangements etc.) will be administered by LTC as appropriate.
- Anytime September to May 31.
How to apply
- Complete the application form [DOC] then e-mail it to the Learning and Teaching Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org (604-432-8525)