Skip to main content
Please note

Employee-focused content

This page contains employee-focused content, and can only be accessed by the faculty and staff at BCIT. To view the content, please log in to the Loop to access more information.

Payroll is a unit within the Financial Services Department that is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of employee pay, remittance and reporting of statutory deductions, preparation of T4’s and Record of Employment, as well as remittance and reporting of other non-statutory deductions including pension, union dues and parking.

This department is located on the 3rd floor of SW1. Feel free to contact our staff or fax us at 604-456-1202.

Payroll runs three bi-weekly payrolls on these Pay Schedules:

In addition to producing pay cheques, Payroll:

  1. Provides Self-Service Access to employees for their payroll information, such as pay statements, T4 and T4A statements, earnings, and deductions history.
  2. Issues Records of Employment on termination or break of service.
  3. Administers Deductions and Benefits, such as United Way donations, health related benefits, statutory deductions and pension contributions.


BCIT Payroll accepts only emailed copies of time sheets submitted directly by their supervisor which have been signed by both the employee and their supervisor (for approval). There are three different time sheets available depending on which employee group you belong to. The fillable PDF forms and related email address to send the completed forms to are found below:

Please direct any inquiries to the email addresses listed above.

Benefits & deductions 

Note: Payroll staff pays the benefits carriers. For Benefit coverage information, (Life Insurance, Dental, MSP, other) Policies, Beneficiaries, please contact Human Resources at (604) 432-8384.

  1. BCIT Foundation
  2. United Way
    Payroll contributions are deducted each year January through December.
  3. Pension
    Please contact Human Resources at (604) 432-8384 regarding Retirement or Purchase of Service. Contact our office regarding pension statements or Pension adjustments queries.

Pension Contribution Statements are received from the Pension Corporation and are distributed as follows:

Plan Months Covered Distributed
College Sept – Aug February
Municipal Jan – Dec June
Public Service Apr – Mar August

Payroll forms

Please submit these forms to Payroll completed, with an original signature.

External resources

The following are some helpful links to some outside resources: