Payroll is a unit within the Financial Services Department that is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of employee pay, remittance and reporting of statutory deductions, preparation of T4’s and Record of Employment, as well as remittance and reporting of other non-statutory deductions including pension, union dues and parking.
This department is located on the 3rd floor of SW1. Feel free to contact our staff or fax us at 604-456-1202.
Payroll runs three bi-weekly payrolls on these Pay Schedules:
In addition to producing pay cheques, Payroll:
- Provides Self-Service Access to employees for their payroll information, such as pay statements, T4 and T4A statements, earnings, and deductions history.
- Issues Records of Employment on termination or break of service.
- Administers Deductions and Benefits, such as United Way donations, health related benefits, statutory deductions and pension contributions.
BCIT Payroll accepts only emailed copies of time sheets submitted directly by their supervisor which have been signed by both the employee and their supervisor (for approval). There are three different time sheets available depending on which employee group you belong to. The fillable PDF forms and related email address to send the completed forms to are found below:
- Auxiliary and Student Payroll [PDF] email to Aux_Student_Payroll@bcit.ca
- Part-time Studies Payroll [PDF] email to PTS_Payroll@bcit.ca
- Regular Payroll [PDF] email to Regular_Payroll@bcit.ca
Please direct any inquiries to the email addresses listed above.
Note: Payroll staff pays the benefits carriers. For Benefit coverage information, (Life Insurance, Dental, MSP, other) Policies, Beneficiaries, please contact Human Resources at (604) 432-8384.
- BCIT Foundation
- United Way
Payroll contributions are deducted each year January through December.
Please contact Human Resources at (604) 432-8384 regarding Retirement or Purchase of Service. Contact our office regarding pension statements or Pension adjustments queries.
Pension Contribution Statements are received from the Pension Corporation and are distributed as follows:
|College||Sept – Aug||February|
|Municipal||Jan – Dec||June|
|Public Service||Apr – Mar||August|
Please submit these forms to Payroll completed, with an original signature.
- Direct Deposit Form
- Vacation Advance Form
- Vacation, CTO, Hours & Advance Recovery Request Form
- BC Personal Tax Credit Form
- Federal Personal Tax Credit Form
- PTS Timesheet [PDF]
- Regular Salaried Employee Timesheet [PDF]
- Student & Auxiliary Timesheet [PDF]
- Part Time Studies – Tax %
- College Pension Enrolment
- College Pension Waiver
- College Pension Declaration of Employment
The following are some helpful links to some outside resources: