- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This introductory course provides an overview of television and video production with an emphasis on single camera and studio production techniques. Students will explore equipment operation in a hands-on learning environment, and will complete exercises that will provide practical knowledge of television studio and control room operations. The course will give students a solid foundation for further study in the television and video production field.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of BCST 1160 for the Winter 2024 term.
Wed Jan 10 - Wed Mar 27 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 10051
- Domestic fees $487.86International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 10 - Mar 27||Wed||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby SE10 Rm. 161|
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course will be delivered synchronously in person, requiring your attendance and participation in scheduled classes held at Burnaby Campus SE10 building on the days and times noted on the course web page. If seats remain, registration is permitted after the course start date up to January 23, 2024, by calling 604-434-1610.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Create and shoot a video sequence.
- Effectively shoot video with good composition.
- Apply the process of producing a short television segment.
- Explain the individual roles within a production team, including control room and studio positions.
- Operate under supervision studio production equipment including cameras and audio equipment.
- Operate under supervision control room production equipment including video production switchers.
Effective as of Fall 2017
Television Broadcasting and Video Introduction (BCST 1160) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Video Production and Editing
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Television Broadcasting and Video Introduction (BCST 1160)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.