NSPN 7755 Sexual Health Rehabilitation - Prostate Cancer and Sexual Health Mentorship, offers a two-week clinical mentorship at the Vancouver Prostate Cancer Centre at Vancouver General Hospital in the Prostate Cancer Supportive Care Program (PCSC). This clinical mentorship will give the student the opportunity to apply, integrate and build upon the sexual health knowledge gained in the sexual health theory courses; NSPN 7740, 7745 and 7750. The clinical mentorship helps the student to reach learning outcomes and utilize critical thinking and clinical decision making skills in sexual health practice.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
As a healthcare practitioner, you are expected to follow professional standards of practice throughout all SN programs and courses. In this course, you will have opportunities to use the processes of critical thinking, systematic inquiry, communication, collaboration, leadership, professionalism, and clinical decision-making. Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Enact principles of sexual health rehabilitation.
- Conduct patient interviews and respond sensitively to their sexual health concerns.
- Take a patient’s sexual history.
- Develop a Sexual Health Rehabilitation Action Plan (SHRAP) for a patient.
- Educate patients on penile rehabilitation.
- Help individuals and couples during the recovery process towards successful sexual adaptation.
- Provide safe and appropriate care for patients.
- Develop a personal plan for ongoing learning in sexual health care.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2023
Sexual Health Rehabilitation - Prostate Cancer and Sexual Health Mentorship (NSPN 7755) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Sexual Health Rehabilitation - Prostate Cancer and Sexual Health Mentorship (NSPN 7755)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.