NSPN 7755 Sexual Health Rehabilitation - Prostate Cancer and Sexual Health Mentorship, offers a two-week clinical mentorship at the Vancouver Prostate Cancer Centre at Vancouver General Hospital in the Prostate Cancer Supportive Care Program (PCSC). This clinical mentorship will give the student the opportunity to apply, integrate and build upon the sexual health knowledge gained in the sexual health theory courses; NSPN 7740, 7745 and 7750. The clinical mentorship helps the student to reach learning outcomes and utilize critical thinking and clinical decision making skills in sexual health practice.
Below is one offering of NSPN 7755 for the Winter 2023 term.
Mon Jan 09 - Sun Apr 02 (2 weeks)
- 2 weeks
- CRN 85157
Class meeting times
|Jan 09 - Apr 02||N/A||N/A||Other|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Clinical lab format.
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This course is a two-week clinical mentorship at the Vancouver Prostate Cancer Centre at Vancouver General Hospital. Please contact the Program Coordinator, Nicole Pasquino at email@example.com for approval to register.
As licensed health care practitioners, all learners will practice in accordance with professional standards of practice throughout the course. In this course, learners will have opportunities to use the processes of critical thinking, systematic inquiry, communication, collaboration, leadership and professionalism. Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Enact principles of sexual health rehabilitation.
- Conduct patient interviews and respond sensitively to their sexual health concerns.
- Take a patient’s sexual history.
- Develop a Sexual Health Rehabilitation Action Plan (SHRAP) for a patient.
- Educate patients on penile rehabilitation.
- Help individuals and couples during the recovery process towards successful sexual adaptation.
- Provide safe and appropriate care for patients.
- Develop a personal plan for ongoing learning in sexual health care.
Effective as of Fall 2019
Sexual Health Rehabilitation - Prostate Cancer and Sexual Health Mentorship (NSPN 7755) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Sexual Health Rehabilitation - Prostate Cancer and Sexual Health Mentorship (NSPN 7755)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.