This course is designed to convey the nature and function of capital markets, the important features of the securities which trade in these markets and the factors which contribute to the value of securities. A discussion of derivative instruments and mutual funds will be included.
Below is one offering of FMGT 4620 for the Fall 2022 term.
Thu Sep 22 - Thu Nov 17 (9 weeks)
- 9 weeks
- CRN 42635
Class meeting times
|Sep 22 - Nov 17||Thu||17:30 - 21:30||Downtown DTC Rm. 689|
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
3 seats remaining as of Tue August 16, 2022 at 8:40 pm (PDT). Availability may change at any time.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Evaluate the structure of capital markets and their function within the Canadian economy.
- Analyze the purpose of investments and appreciate their risks and rewards.
- Interpret the workings and mechanics of a stock exchange.
- Identify sources of information on the performance of publicly traded companies.
- Interpret the nature of marketable securities and the factors which influence their price.
- Categorize the various methods employed to evaluate the worth of a marketable security.
- Outline the nature of derivatives markets and compare and contrast the principal options.
- Assess the nature of mutual funds in terms of their advantages, disadvantages and performance.
Effective as of Winter 2015
Security Fundamentals (FMGT 4620) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Security Fundamentals (FMGT 4620)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.