Understanding and delivering on stakeholder needs is the ultimate objective of all projects. Measuring performance and completeness of deliverables is at the core of project quality management. This must happen in the context of an uncertain environment. The ability to identify and manage this uncertainty is critical to success. This course will examine the methodologies and tools used to manage project quality and risk.
- 50% in OPMT 1187
$792.41 - $831.16 See individual course offerings below for actual costs.
Below are two offerings of OPMT 2510 for the Winter 2023 term.
Wed Jan 04 - Wed Mar 22 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 85346
Class meeting times
|Jan 04 - Mar 22||Wed||18:00 - 21:00||Burnaby SE06 Rm. 108|
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Mon Jan 09 - Mon Mar 27 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 85377
Class meeting times
|Jan 09 - Mar 27||N/A||N/A||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
Welcome to BCIT School of Business + Media. Please be advised of the following information about your Part-time Studies course. You have registered for an asynchronous course that will be held entirely online, but not requiring you to meet each and every week at a specific time. Please check the registration page for any specific dates and times that you will need to be available (i.e midterm and final exams). In this course, you will be using an online teaching tool called the Learning Hub, also known as D2L or Brightspace. The Learning Hub is where your instructor will share information, resources, assignments, deadlines and this is where you will submit your work, and communicate with both your instructor and classmates. Ensure that you are able to log in before your course starts. To log in, view your courses, set up notifications, and access the tools you need, please go directly to the Learning Hub at learn.bcit.ca/d2l/home. Your course will open either on or shortly before the start date. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content.
In Progress and Full
This course offering is in progress and full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the elements of modern quality management and their use in the project context.
- Differentiate between the use of various quality tools in planning, assuring, and controlling of project quality.
- Identify and evaluate stakeholder needs by applying quality methodologies and tools.
- Describe the elements of a project quality metric system and the use of Cost of Quality.
- Develop a project quality plan to ensure project performance is measured and client needs are met.
- Describe the elements of risk management and their use in the project context.
- Identify and evaluate project risk by applying risk methodologies and tools.
- Develop a risk management plan to identify, assess, and control project risk.
Effective as of Winter 2014
Project Quality and Risk Management (OPMT 2510) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Project Quality and Risk Management (OPMT 2510)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.