- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course deals with ancillary perfusion technologies used in the support of patients with cardiovascular and non-cardiovascular pathologies. The Clinical Perfusionist must have a thorough understanding of all related technologies, and educated to a level that enables them to take a lead in patient care outside of the routine Perfusion environment. This process is essential for Perfusionists working within a cardiovascular centre.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Assess the concepts and application related to OPCAB, Robotic and Port Access techniques
- Describe equipment and techniques used during repair of the thoracic/abdominal aorta
- Differentiate the practice and application of hemofiltration and dialysis on CPB.
- Outline the mechanics, physiology and use of an Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump
- Assess the function, application and limitations of intra-operative blood conservation techniques
- Analyze the indications and application of isolated limb perfusion
- Evaluate the specific strategies and procedures solid organ preservation for transplantation
- List the donor and recipient selection criteria for organ transplantation, and discuss equipment and techniques.
- Describe commonly used Ventricular Assist Devices
- Analyze the indications, selection and application of Extra Corporeal Life Support (ECLS)
- Online the management of special cases potentially seen in cardiac surgery.
- Describe the specific strategies used to deal with potentially catastrophic situations on CPB
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2016
Perfusion Equipment and Techniques 3 (PERF 7220) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Cardiovascular Perfusion
Advanced Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Perfusion Equipment and Techniques 3 (PERF 7220)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.