- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Do you want to narrate or announce over your own video production, be the "voice" on your website, or enhance your own podcast or public presentation? This practical vocal, movement, and acting course provides the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of your own voice and its potential through personal exploration and technical exercises. Whether you are an actor, media announcer/journalist, or someone committed to improving your presentation's impact, this course offers the techniques and practice to improve your skills.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of BCST 3251 for the Winter 2024 term.
Sat Jan 06 - Sat Mar 16 (10 weeks)
- 10 weeks
- CRN 88554
- Domestic fees $703.29International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 06 - Mar 16||Sat||10:00 - 14:30||Burnaby SE10 Rm. 161|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Students will need to bring a scribbler, pencil, pen, file folder and yoga mat or towel for all in person classes. There will be no class February 17th. If seats remain, registration is permitted until January 12th by calling 604-434-1610.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Compose and perform a personal vocal warm-up and/or workout.
- Understand and identify vocal resonators.
- Improve presentation and acting abilities through acting and improvisation exercises.
- Demonstrate script breakdown skills.
- Present texts in a compelling performance with appropriate vocal techniques.
- Demonstrate the skill to play with subtexts/thoughts/emotions under the words.
- Successfully interpret direction/directing words to refine delivery.
- Apply different vocal techniques and exercises to speak in front of any audience with ease.
- Assess whether you have captured and maintained the attention of the audience.
Effective as of Winter 2021
Performance Development (BCST 3251) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Performance Development (BCST 3251)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.