In this one-day workshop participants are shown Excel spreadsheet principles and how to produce well-formed worksheets and workbooks in this intensive, hands-on seminar. Topics include: identifying the new Excel user interface elements, using formulae and built-in functions, editing and formatting, custom numeric and data formatting, customizing the Excel environment and printing. Special techniques to manage large workbooks and how to increase efficiency are also discussed. Successful participants will be prepared for MS Excel Workshop Level 2, COMP 0264.
Below is one offering of COMP 0261 for the Winter 2023 term.
Sat Feb 25 (1 day)
- 1 day
- CRN 19342
Class meeting times
|Feb 25||Sat||09:00 - 17:00||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Course is 7 hours synchronous online class. As this is a one-day workshop and will move quickly in order to cover all of the material, it is important that the student is prepared. Please understand that it is the student’s responsibility to be prepared; to have the prerequisites, hardware and technology required to login and participate. Students must provide their own PC or laptop with Windows 10 or 11 and Excel 2021 or Microsoft 365 in order to participate in this course successfully.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Examine and identify components of the Excel Workbook environment.
- Navigate the Excel User Interface.
- Create a basic worksheet by using Microsoft Office Excel.
- Perform calculations and use functions in an Excel worksheet.
- Modify an Excel worksheet.
- Format a worksheet and use conditional formatting.
- Print the content of an Excel workbook.
- Manage an Excel workbook.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2016
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of MS Excel Workshop 1 (COMP 0261)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.