Students analyse and synthesize the necessary components of major gift and capital campaigns. Institutional readiness, prospect management from identification to stewardship, volunteer recruitment and retention, and management of the program are stressed.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of FUND 2315 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Mon Apr 03 - Sat Jun 24 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 62013
Class meeting times
|Apr 03 - Jun 24||N/A||N/A||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Students are permitted to register up until the first week without approval. Please note that the lecture component for this course is asynchronous; you are not required to meet each week at a specific time, however, there will be specific timelines for assignments and exams. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Course content, type and quality of assignments, and general standards for this online course are the same as classroom courses. To be successful in this online course, plan to spend 7-10 hours per week on your studies, or more for a condensed course, starting Week 1. Important course information will be sent to your myBCIT account prior to your course start date.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Assess an organization’s readiness to undertake major gifts fundraising and capital campaigns
- Develop a major gifts initiative at any size of organization
- Develop and execute a capital campaign
- Explain the relationship between major gifts, capital campaigns and other fundraising channels
- Recruit, train and develop leadership volunteers
- Identify, research, solicit and steward prospective donors
- Understand how to apply ethical considerations to major gifts fundraising
- Understand how to start or advance a career in major gifts fundraising
Effective as of Fall 2016
Major Gifts and Capital Campaigns (FUND 2315) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Marketing Management - Fundraising Management
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Major Gifts and Capital Campaigns (FUND 2315)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.