Introduces the use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) application software for Drafting Applications.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of ASCT 1020 for the Fall 2022 term.
Wed Oct 12 - Wed Dec 14 (9 weeks)
- 9 weeks
- CRN 46285
Class meeting times
|Oct 12 - Dec 14||Mon, Wed||15:29 - 17:59||Online|
Samaneh Ghazanfari Hashemi
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Department Contact: Samaneh Hashemi, Ph.D., P.Eng. Department Head 604-412-7473 Samaneh_Hashemi@bcit.ca Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information. Access LEARNING HUB (learn.bcit.ca) for class information and live class lecture schedule.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the importance of establishing and adhering to company CAD standards.
- Apply typical industrial drawing standards and CAD standards to engineering drawings.
- Describe how CAD differs from manually produced technical drawings.
- Describe drawing integrity and importance with respect to data sharing.
- Identify the hardware requirements for a typical CAD system.
- Create and edit 2D CAD geometric constructions.
- Create 2D orthographic drawings using CAD techniques.
- Create a primary auxiliary view.
- Create sectional views.
- Place text and dimensions in accordance with CSA standards.
- Create a scaled plot of a technical drawing.
- Apply CAD techniques that enhance productivity.
- Create a 2D working drawing.
- Create a template drawing.
Effective as of Fall 2007
Introduction to CADD Drafting (ASCT 1020) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Architectural and Structural CADD and Graphics Technician (Architectural Option)
- Architectural and Structural CADD and Graphics Technician (Structural Option)
- Construction Drawings
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Introduction to CADD Drafting (ASCT 1020)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.