By approaching drawing as both a graphic technique and a mental thought process, this subject area endeavors to enhance the Student's: (1) Skills of observation, visualization, and delineation. (2) Ability to draw effectively and efficiently using the graphic language of the industry. (3) Time management skills by encouraging a pragmatic, disciplined approach to projects & assignments. (4) Graphic communication skills which are required for other subject areas in the course.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of ASCT 1010 for the Fall 2023 term.
Thu Sep 07 - Thu Dec 14 (15 weeks)
- 15 weeks
- CRN 46283
Class meeting times
|Sep 07 - Dec 14||Thu||18:01 - 21:01||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Department Contact: Samaneh Hashemi, Ph.D., P.Eng. Department Head 604-412-7473 Samaneh_Hashemi@bcit.ca This course includes some live lectures, held on Thursdays 1800-2100. Access LEARNING HUB (learn.bcit.ca) for class information and live class lecture schedule. Live lectures will be recorded.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply acceptable industry procedures and standards to the work.
- Employ the correct use of manual drafting equipment & materials.
- Draw uniformly reproducible lines.
- Employ labeling, titling & produce manual lettering.
- Employ the use of imperial, engineering, & metric scales.
- Employ reproduction techniques with drawings.
- Draw objects employing orthographic projection, isometric, & auxiliary views.
- Employ plane & descriptive geometry in graphic problem solving.
- Draw employing manual sketching techniques.
- Employ drawing conventions & symbols.
- Employ drawing dimension standards.
Effective as of Fall 2023
Introductory Graphics (ASCT 1010) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Architectural and Structural CADD and Graphics Technician (Architectural Option)
- Architectural and Structural CADD and Graphics Technician (Structural Option)
- Construction Drawings
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Introductory Graphics (ASCT 1010)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.