An online course in elementary integral calculus. Topics include anti-differentiation of polynomial and transcendental functions, indefinite and definite integrals and first order differential equations. Applications cover areas, volumes, centroids and the trapezoid rule.
- Math 2001 or any post secondary Differential Calculus course.
Below is one offering of MATH 2002 for the Fall 2022 term.
Tue Sep 06 - Thu Dec 08 (14 weeks)
- 14 weeks
- CRN 43177
Class meeting times
|Sep 06 - Dec 08||N/A||N/A||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
For late registration approval email Mathpts@bcit.ca and include your student ID. **For students who require both MATH 2001 and 2002 it is STRONGLY recommended to complete 2001 prior to 2002. IMPORTANT: FINAL EXAM is on the last day of class – Thursday, December 8th. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please note this course is intended mainly as part of a make-up for calculus courses in BCIT Engineering Programs, and therefore may not be appropriate as a mathematics requirement for other programs (e.g., a business program). This course is NOT equivalent to university Calculus 1 and can only be used for credit in BCIT programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate integrals involving polynomial and transcendental functions
- Choose appropriate techniques and apply them to finding and evaluating definite and indefinite integrals
- Use trapezoid rule to evaluate integrals
- Solve first-order differential equations
- Apply integration techniques to solve problems involving area, volumes and centroids
Effective as of Fall 2016
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Integral Calculus (MATH 2002)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.