This course will introduce learners to Computer Forensics Fundamentals as well as the Computer Forensics Investigation Process. Students will learn about Dark Web, Windows, Linux, Malware Forensics, and how to use different tools to investigate web and email attacks. This course will provide students with in-depth knowledge and practical experience on current investigation tools.
- Ethical Hacking, Basic knowledge of networking, routing, switching and OS.
Below is one offering of XCSA 1104 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Start any time
- 10 weeks
- CRN 68165
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 10 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
- Important course information will be sent to you immediately after registering. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Select students may be eligible for a tuition subsidy. Please email Selina_li@bcit.ca for more details. If you have any question about this course, please contact the Program Assistant Selina Li - email@example.com. Please include your BCIT student ID (if you have one). Note: BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current in your myBCIT.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe fundamental concepts of computer forensics
- Describe Types of disk drives, their characteristics, logical structure, and various OS booting processes
- Identify Anti-forensics techniques and countermeasures
- Implement Windows and Linux forensics
- Explore how to recover deleted data from various operating systems
- Explore Malware forensics
- Explore Linux CSI to do the forensic
- Explore OSINT in Linux CSI
- Implement Autopsy to do a Forensic in the captured image
- Explore cache, cookie, and history Forensic in the browser
- Describe Dark web and TOR browser forensics
Effective as of Winter 2022
Forensic Investigation (XCSA 1104) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Cybersecurity Analysis for Network Administrators
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Forensic Investigation (XCSA 1104)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.