This course explores essential security defense concepts with a focus on FortiGate Firewalls. Students will learn about specific types of security attacks, how to work with the next generation of firewalls (NGFW). Students will learn what is new in NGFW and how they can use these technologies to secure the network. Hands-on activities include working with NGFW, and implementing VPN in different scenarios in a lab environment.
- Basic knowledge of networking, routing, and switching and OS.
Below is one offering of XCSA 1102 for the Winter 2023 term.
Start any time
- 10 weeks
- CRN 90075
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 10 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
- Important course information will be sent to you immediately after registering. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
If you have any question about this course, please contact the Program Assistant Selina Li - firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your BCIT student ID (if you have one). Note: BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current in your myBCIT.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Implement Firewall Policies
- Configure NAT
- Configure Firewall Authentication
- Configure Logging and Monitoring
- Understand Certificate Operations
- Configure Web Filtering
- Configure Application Control
- Configure Antivirus
- Identify IPS
- Implement SSL VPN
- Implement IPSEC VPN
- Data Leak Prevention
- Configure High Availability
- Configure VDOM
- Configure SDWAN
- Configure FSSO
Effective as of Winter 2022
Network Defense Essential (XCSA 1102) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Cybersecurity Analysis for Network Administrators
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Network Defense Essential (XCSA 1102)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.