- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
In this course students will learn how to watch movies and read plays with a critical eye. In the discussions about movies the focus will be on the "grassroots creativity" - fan movies and video games - as responses to media industry dominance. Also, the topics such as film, theatre and politics, Hollywood versus independent films, and film and art will be explored. During the course there will be a few screenings of some cult movies such as Blade Runner, Casablanca, and Pulp Fiction. After completing the course, students should be able to demonstrate the ability to engage in critique relevant to both film and theatre media texts.
- BCIT ENGL 1177, or 6 credits BCIT Communication at 1100-level or above, or 3 credits of a university/college first-year social science or humanities course.
Below is one offering of LIBS 7014 for the Fall 2023 term.
Wed Sep 06 - Wed Dec 13 (15 weeks)
- 15 weeks
- CRN 37279
Class meeting times
|Sep 06 - Dec 13||Wed||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby SW03 Rm. 4785|
FINAL EXAMS: All final exams MUST be written at BCIT during the last week of the course on the designated dates and times given at course start.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with the assigned readings.
- Engage in critique relevant to both film and theatre media texts.
- Answer and ask important questions related to the assigned plays and films.
- Engage in discussions of the theoretical concepts, applications of the theories and perspectives, and broader issues and considerations.
Effective as of Fall 2010
Film and Theatre: An Active Audience (LIBS 7014) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Bachelor of Accounting Full-time/Part-time
- Bachelor of Business Administration
Bachelor of Business Administration Full-time/Part-time
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Film and Theatre: An Active Audience (LIBS 7014)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.