This program is specifically designed for students wanting to obtain an industry credential in project management to complement their academic learning. Project Management Institute (PMI) credentials demonstrate to employers that you have achieved a level of project management competence with the ability to apply these specialized skills to your area of work, for all sectors of industry. A PMI credential will distinguish you from others in your job search and will also help with career advancement in existing jobs. The course prepares participants to write the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification exam and provides accelerated review and preparation to write the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification exam. In addition, the course provides PMI approved educational credits required for new applications to write the exam. Participants receive comprehensive reference binder covering all exam topics organized by subject, knowledge area, and hundreds of review questions with answers for each topic, a Certification Exam Prep Study Guide Text, and Exam Simulation Software. 23 PDU Credits / Approved Educational Credits are earned from PMI. www.bcit.ca/files/business/pdf/opmt0203.pdf
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of OPMT 0203 for the Winter 2023 term.
Tue Feb 21 - Tue Mar 21 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 80299
Class meeting times
|Feb 21 - Mar 21||Tue||18:00 - 22:00||Downtown DTC Rm. 686|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Describe and understand the Project Management Institute (PMI) Framework.
- Describe and understand the PMI concepts , definitions, and terminology.
- Describe and understand the PMI Project Management Processes.
- Describe and understand the PMI Knowledge Areas.
- Describe and understand inputs, tools & techniques, and outputs for each of the PMI Knowledge Area Processes.
- Understand the CAPM and PMP Certification Process from PMI.
- Understand the PMI application process to write the CAPM and PMP Exam.
- Be prepared to write the CAPM and PMP Certification Exam.
Effective as of Winter 2013
Interested in being notified about future offerings of CAPM Certification Preparation (OPMT 0203)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.