The goal of this course is to provide an opportunity to practice skills and knowledge learned throughout the BCIT Supervising Net-Zero and Passive House Construction micro credential. In this course, students will work on an applied project associated with supervising construction of a Net-Zero, Net-Zero Ready, or Passive House, or equivalent building. Under the supervision of an adviser, students will develop and present a report to demonstrate their understanding and competency in supervising Net-Zero, Net-Zero Ready, Passive House, or equivalent high-performance construction. Examples of this project could be a report on developing an airtightness training program or on planning and scheduling construction work to meet airtight and low-TEDI performance metrics. This course is offered online through the BCIT Learning Hub.
Below is one offering of XZEB 1173 for the Fall 2022 term.
Tue Oct 25 - Tue Jan 31 (15 weeks)
- 15 weeks
- CRN 49315
Class meeting times
|Oct 25 - Nov 22||Tue||18:00 - 21:00||Online|
|Oct 25 - Jan 31||N/A||N/A||Online|
|Jan 24 - Jan 31||Tue||18:00 - 21:00||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
This course is a 15 week course with 7 live lectures on Tuesdays Oct 25, Nov 1, 8, 15, 22, and Jan 24 and 31, 2023 (6PM-9PM). Instructional sessions are delivered through a live interactive web-lecture through online course portal (BCIT Learning Hub) by industry subject matter expert instructors. Additional independent learning is completed in the online course portal.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop and present a report to demonstrate their understanding and competency in supervising Net-Zero, Net-Zero Ready, Passive House, or equivalent high-performance construction, including but not limited to:
- A report on their experience developing an envelope quality control program
- A plan coordinating and sequencing air barrier detail construction
- A process for quality control of construction material substitutions
- A process for collecting and managing important documentation and data for compliance
- An airtightness training plan
- A plan and construction work schedule to ensure airtight construction details and performance verification
Effective as of Winter 2022
Applied Project for Site Supervision of Zero Energy/Emissions and Passive House Construction (XZEB 1173) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Supervising Net-Zero and Passive House Construction
Microcredential Part-time/Distance & Online Learning
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Applied Project for Site Supervision of Zero Energy/Emissions and Passive House Construction (XZEB 1173)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.