- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The course covers the essentials related to mechanical and electrical design and construction in zero energy/emissions and Passive House buildings. The course will help learners understand unique mechanical and electrical considerations for Net-Zero, Net-Zero-Ready, and Passive House buildings. Key topics include common mechanical systems, energy source options, BC Energy Step Code and Passive House requirements, and integrated design. This course is offered online with live virtual lectures and self-paced learning in the BCIT Learning Hub. This course may be eligible for students to receive funding through the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant at www.bcit.ca/financial-aid/strongerbc-future-skills-grant. Students register themselves into the course, then apply for the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant to cover payment, if eligible.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe characteristics of common mechanical systems found in Net Zero and Passive House buildings (heating, cooling, DHW, ventilation w heat recovery)
- Describe characteristics of electrical systems found in Net Zero, Net Zero Energy Ready and Passive House buildings (solar ready, PV systems, resiliency, electric vehicle charging, etc.)
- List unique mechanical and electrical considerations for Passive House standard compliance vs. BC Energy Step Code
- Explain considerations for mechanical and electrical systems in Net Zero and Passive House buildings in relation to the 'House As A System'
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2022
Mechanical and Electrical Essentials for Zero Energy/Emissions and Passive House Buildings (XZEB 1146) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Supervising Net-Zero and Passive House Construction
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Mechanical and Electrical Essentials for Zero Energy/Emissions and Passive House Buildings (XZEB 1146)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.