- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. The exact cost will be displayed prior to confirming registration.
Thorough introduction to applied GIS-based analysis of color, multi-spectral and radiometric thermal orthomosaics including normalized difference vegetation indices (NDVI), 3D thermal building envelope inspection and assessing transportation corridor risks.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of XRPA 1600 for the Fall 2023 term.
Mon Oct 30 - Sat Nov 04 (4 days)
- 4 days
- CRN 50711
Class meeting times
|Oct 30 - Nov 04||Mon, Wed, Fri||09:00 - 10:30||Online|
|Nov 04||Sat||09:30 - 12:30||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
The field lab on Saturday for this course will be held at the Burnaby campus, either in the playing field or the Photogrammetry lab SW3-2785.
This course offering is full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Competently use QGIS software to combine multi-spectral orthomosaics to create NDVI layers.
- Quantify forest health using NDVI.
- Apply 3D radiometric models for building envelope assessment.
- Evaluate the risks associated with transportation networks using high resolution color orthomosaics.
- Assess agricultural environmental risks using DTM and thermal orthomosaics.
Effective as of Winter 2023
Applications of RPAS to Quantifying Green Economy Metrics (XRPA 1600) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Drone Applications for Environmental Risk Assessment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Applications of RPAS to Quantifying Green Economy Metrics (XRPA 1600)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.