- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Thorough introduction to applied GIS-based analysis of color, multi-spectral and radiometric thermal orthomosaics including normalized difference vegetation indices (NDVI), 3D thermal building envelope inspection and assessing transportation corridor risks.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of XRPA 1600 for the Winter 2024 term.
Mon Feb 05 - Sun Mar 17 (1 week)
- 1 week
- CRN 91071
- Domestic fees $228.05International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Feb 05 - Feb 09
|Mon, Wed, Fri
|09:00 - 10:30
|09:30 - 12:30
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The field lab on Saturday for this course will take place in either Kamloops or Salmon Arm. This Microcredential is part of a training initiative to provide workers with new skills needed to support a clean economy. It is temporarily being fully funded for Canadian citizens and permanent residents by Canadian Colleges for a Resilient Recovery (C2R2) and the Government of Canada. Please contact Eric_Saczuk@bcit.ca to register.
In Progress and Full
This course offering is in progress and full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Competently use QGIS software to combine multi-spectral orthomosaics to create NDVI layers.
- Quantify forest health using NDVI.
- Apply 3D radiometric models for building envelope assessment.
- Evaluate the risks associated with transportation networks using high resolution color orthomosaics.
- Assess agricultural environmental risks using DTM and thermal orthomosaics.
Effective as of Winter 2023
Applications of RPAS to Quantifying Green Economy Metrics (XRPA 1600) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Drone Applications for Environmental Risk Assessment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Applications of RPAS to Quantifying Green Economy Metrics (XRPA 1600)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.