- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Thorough introduction to structure-from-motion (SfM) photogrammetric processing of color, multi-spectral and thermal drone images to create digital surface models (DSM) and orthomosaics.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of XRPA 1500 for the Winter 2024 term.
Mon Jan 29 - Sun Mar 17 (1 week)
- 1 week
- CRN 91070
- Domestic fees $228.05International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 29 - Feb 02
|Mon, Thu, Fri
|09:00 - 10:30
|09:30 - 12:30
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The field lab on Saturday for this course will take place in either Kamloops or Salmon Arm. This Microcredential is part of a training initiative to provide workers with new skills needed to support a clean economy. It is temporarily being fully funded for Canadian citizens and permanent residents by Canadian Colleges for a Resilient Recovery (C2R2) and the Government of Canada. Please contact Eric_Saczuk@bcit.ca to register.
In Progress and Full
This course offering is in progress and full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Perform structure-from-motion photogrammetric reconstruction using drone images.
- Create sparse and dense 3D point clouds, DSMs, DTMs and orthomosaics.
- Assess quality of initial tie-points.
- Perform tie-point filtering to improve relative position of 3D sparse point cloud.
- Competently use AgiSoft MetaShape Pro software to perform SfM drone image reconstruction.
Effective as of Winter 2023
Cloud-based Processing of Visible, Thermal, and multi-spectral Images (XRPA 1500) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Drone Applications for Environmental Risk Assessment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Cloud-based Processing of Visible, Thermal, and multi-spectral Images (XRPA 1500)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.