- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course will prepare mechanics, with limited experience, to service air brakes. Course coverage will include fundamentals, function, operation, and repair of air brake components and systems. Automotive Service Technician Authorized Inspectors are required to complete this training to obtain CVSE authorization to perform air brake inspections. In addition, you will have the option to complete a practical pre-trip inspection test valid for 90 days toward the ICBC Air Brake Endorsement examination.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of CTMX 0105 for the Spring/Summer 2024 term.
Mon Apr 22 - Sun Apr 28 (7 days)
- 7 days
- CRN 69277
- Domestic fees $523.26International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Apr 22 - Apr 28
|Mon - Fri
|17:00 - 21:00
|Apr 27 - Apr 28
|07:00 - 14:30
|Annacis Island AIC Rm. 1635
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The blended course is designed to be completed over 7 days. Approximately 20 hours of online theory: Monday – Friday (5:00 pm to 9:00 pm) followed by the practical and written assessments on Saturday and Sunday (8:00am – 4:30pm) at BCIT Annacis Island Campus. Air brake endorsements for ICBC will be assessed on Sunday for those students who qualify.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the components of an air brake system and state their function
- Diagnose problems in an air brake system
- Perform a Commercial Vehicle Air brake Inspection on air brake equipped vehicles
- Perform a pre-trip inspection on an air brake equipped vehicle
Effective as of Fall 2018
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Air Brakes for Mechanics (CTMX 0105)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.