This course will prepare mechanics, with limited experience, to service air brakes. Course coverage will include fundamentals, function, operation, and repair of air brake components and systems. Automotive Service Technician Authorized Inspectors are required to complete this training to obtain CVSE authorization to perform air brake inspections. In addition, you will have the option to complete a practical pre-trip inspection test valid for 90 days toward the ICBC Air Brake Endorsement examination.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the components of an air brake system and state their function
- Diagnose problems in an air brake system
- Perform a Commercial Vehicle Air brake Inspection on air brake equipped vehicles
- Perform a pre-trip inspection on an air brake equipped vehicle
Effective as of Fall 2018
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Air Brakes for Mechanics (CTMX 0105)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.